The Complete Etiquette Guide to Writing #programming Articles on Hashnode
Some tips to understand #programming tag.
My name is Maximiliano Contieri. I have a degree in computer science. I teach Software Engineering at the university, and I've been working in the industry for almost 30 years.
This month the Hashnode team released tag moderation to the public.
I'm honored to be chosen as the moderator for General Programming.
This is the most popular tag in Hashnode by far (almost 10k articles).
Following uncle's Ben advice I will take this task very seriously.
General Programming gets a lot of daily articles.
In the spirit of Hashnode's team definition we need to keep narrow to programming articles.
A community targeted at posts that are very generic in nature. These posts are meant for every software developer regardless of what their expertise is.
After talking with them, we decided to provide some samples of articles related to this tag and also some counterexamples.
This list is not definitive. It is a guide and can get updates since we are defining the scope.
Sample articles related to programming
Algorithms and Data Structures
Sample articles unrelated to programming
(Many are related to programming but can be tagged with more specific tags and might not be of interest to a general audience).
- Beginners guide to PHP Classes (php)
- Best resources to learn Go (go)
- GItHUB Readme Profile (github)
- How to Create a deploy environment (environment)
- How to perform in job interviews (jobs)
- How to set up your Ubuntu for development (linux)
- How to use Optionals in Java (java)
- HTML Cheat Sheet (html)
- My Journey to deal with Impostor Syndrome (motivation)
- My year journey (self improvement)
- Overview of the solid.css Framework (css)
- Security: XSS Attacks (security)
- Build a Task Manager using Typescript ([Typescript])
- Unsupervised Learning with TensorFlow (Machine-Learning)
- Top 10 React mistakes you should Avoid ([React])
- Using UITableViews in Vue (vue)
- VSCode Snippets for Pyhton Productivity (python)
- Introduction to Docker ([docker])
As a rule-of-thumb, if you include a specific technology in your title, it won't be a match for this tag.
I am aware this is for SEO and clicking purposes, but it is not suited for all audiences.
I will do my best at moderating the tag to follow these rules and keep it attractive to a broad audience.
Of course if you disagree with tag edition you can find me:
Lets built this community together.